Phloeosinus cristatus (male)(by ) Blackman, M.W. 1942. Proc. U.S. Nat. Mus. 92
- Phloeosinus cristatus (LeConte 1868) Trans. Amer. Ent. Soc. 2: 169
- Hylesinus cristatus LeConte 1868. Trans. Amer. Ent. Soc. 2: 169
- Phloeosinus chiricahua Blackman 1942. Proc. USNM 92: 444
Numbers in parentheses after each geographic unit are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that unit. In general, countries outside the New World have not yet been added to the database for exotic species. For further information on published sources of distribution, check the REFERENCES section.
- North America (49)
México (2): DGO (1), SON (1); U.S. (47): no state / prov. data (5), AZ (13), CA (28), TX (1);
Numbers in parentheses after each host family, genus, or collection method are the number of distinct collection events in the database for that host or method.
- No host information (40);
- Cupressaceae (9) Cupressocyparis (1): lawsoniana (1); Cupressus (6): arizonica (1), forbsei (1), glabra (1), lindleyi (1), macrocarpa (1), sp. (1); Juniperus (1): sp. (1); Thuja (1): sp. (1);
The following are important recent monographs, catalogs, and supplements to catalogs that refer to this species. The specific page on which the reference is made is shown in pink at the end of the reference. In the case of Wood (1982) and Wood & Bright (1992) clicking on the reference page will link to a digital version of the work in question.
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6:1-1356. . (data capture complete)
- Wood, S.L., Bright,D.E. 1992. A catalog of Scolytidae and Platypodidae (Coleoptera), Part 2. Taxonomic Index. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 13:1-1553 (vol. A, B). 
The following are references from which host and distribution data have been input into the database. If one of the above monographs or catalogs also appears in this list, it means that most relevant collection event data have been included.
- Atkinson, T.H., Equihua M., A 1985. Notes on biology and distribution of Mexican and Central American Scolytidae (Coleoptera). I. Hylesininae, Scolytinae except Cryphalini and Corthylini. Coleopterists Bull. 39: 227-238.
- Atkinson,T.H.; Rabaglia,R.J.; Peck,S.J.; Foltz,J.L. 1991. New records of Scolytidae and Platypodidae from the United States and Bahamas. Coleopterists Bull. 45(2): 152-164.
- unpublished 2012. dummy record for unpublished records. .
- Wood, S.L. 1982. The bark and ambrosia beetles of North and Central America (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), a taxonomic monograph. Great Basin Nat. Mem. 6: 1-1356.
Maps automatically open at the center of the plotted points and the scale is set to encompass all map points. Maps can be resized (scale bar at upper left) and the center moved (place cursor over map and drag) to see other parts of the distribution of the species. Clicking on a map marker will pull up collection event data and a literature citation if present. If any errors are found, please refer to the "series code" which is a unique identifier for a database record in any communications). Coordinates have not been entered for all collection records.
Return to top of page